If you are about to leave school and you need to find work, these 6 tips will help.
- When the school year is finished and you’ve had a good holiday then your job will be to get a job. That’s right, treat finding a job as though it is a job. Allocate set hours each day to your job search, be consistent and follow up.
- Have your resume and portfolio developed by a professional; they have the knowhow.
- Make sure your mobile phone has message bank, a professional message and that you have plenty of credit all the time; who knows who might be calling.
- If your email address is a bit out there or unprofessional, either change it, or get another email address just to be used for your job search and check it daily.
- Google your name and clean up your social media, employers are watching.
- Check out your wardrobe for interview clothes, beg and borrow from family and friends, don’t get caught short.